1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wriggle, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wriggle

wriggle Thread Starter

Hello people. I have an Inspiron n5010 on which the hard disk has failed. I have no real idea why it is necessary to do so, but to access and replace the hard disk it is necessary to remove the keyboard. I am PC savvy (qualified at degree level in Computer Sciences) enough for this not to be of any issue..NORMALLY...

But as the subject suggests, I am damned if I can remove the keyboard..I have followed the dissasembly manual to the hilt.Removed all screws/optical drives/memory etc..Yet where in the manual and on the online videos there is a screw near to the RAM modules that holds the keyboard to the base, this model has none..And after releasing the catches on the keyboard, its still stuck,somewhere to the left..

Please Please can someone throw some light on this for me?I need this machine back PDQ

Your help will be much much appreciated

Happy Belated Easter To You All

Andy W

Footnote: All the documentation online leads to a screw to the rigt of the RAM modules.I have enclosed a pic of the back of the machine,clearly showing there is no screw...

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

2. Zuggel

Zuggel

Are you sure that the screw is into the keyboard and not the plastic under the keyboard? My parents have a newer inspiron laptop and it takes about 30 seconds to get the keyboard out. Remove bezel, unscrew keyboard, turn keyboard over and unclip the connector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabecfFe2XY

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice