Solved Inspiron laptop wont turn on (I really need this laptop)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1nspire

My dell laptop will not turn on I put it to sleep last night and this evening I went to go turn it on and there are no signs of life. I have removed the battery to discharge static and also plugged it in with out the battery. I don't know what to do I need this laptop to help my family. Is there possibly a way to hard restart it?

The standard process for almost every laptop is to remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter, try to turn it on by pressing the power button for 5-10 seconds, then plug the battery and ac back in and try it. The reason is that the laptop will still have a little power in it after you do the first two and you want to make sure it is really, all the way, off.
A lot of newer Dell's have no lights to indicate power or activity which I think is nuts; but, the best thing you could post is its service tag number which is near the serial number and express service code, probably underneath the battery.

1nspire

@Cookiegal @DavisMcCarn @Saturable I apologize for not responding earlier I have since found the problem being the ac connection has an issue and taken it to geek squad to repair the hardware because of the lack of knowledge I have with taking apart a laptop. Thank you guys for putting a foot forward to help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online