1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inspiron / Windows XP question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RDunn770, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RDunn770

RDunn770 Thread Starter

I came back from an extended hospital stay to turn on / boot up my DELL Inspiron 2400. It begin the boot up as usual... but during the Windows XP activation progress bar tracing, it stopped and went directly to a dreaded "blue screen" with a routine text message saying the activation had been stopped because of the potential of damaging the computer itself... followed by the following codes at the bottom of the text message....

STOP: 0X00000024 0X001902FE 0XF892E3D4 0XF892E000 0X832B0205

Now I've managed to avoid the blue-screen for years and years. Good luck, I think. But I'm disabled and cannot mange taking my CPU into a vendor to fix the problem... and with only my Social Security Disability income, that in itself poses a problem for getting the vnedor to do the job. So, I am now throwing myself on this site's good auspices for help and advice.

Feel free to e-mail me your thoughts about the problem. But please, understand that I am NOT a particularly adept computer guy. Every step needs to be very clearly and rigorously written up and e-mailed, please. Use "Inspiron" in the subject line of any e-mail to me, please. I will reply about the efficacy of your advice... and also to thank you for your consideration.

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

3. RDunn770

RDunn770 Thread Starter

The problem for me is that once I turn on the CPU, I haven't got a clue how to boot up in safe mode.

Haven't checked out the thread you gave me yet. I just wanted to reply to you quickly and say "Thanks" for your amazingly fast and clear turnaround on my problem.

One other question -- Is it absolutely necessary that Microsoft software be so friggin difficult to understand? OK, disclosure -- Bought my first Mac in 1984 and got sort of forced by my lowered income into buying a PC in 2005. AHHH for the good old [CPU] days!!!!

Thanks again.

[email protected]

4. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
    Just tap the F8 key as the pc starts up to get into safe mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice