Instal 2nd hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

poliamba992

My desctop is a T.P.G/. Celeron466,Ram256,H/Drive 4 GB,Psup 145wt.O.S. is Win.2000 Prof.
I want to add a 2nd H/Drive,say 40 to 80 GB as slave to resident H/D ,but need to know more about ,possibilities,limitations,compatability,and any no-nos.
I am new to this game and would really appreciate some advice.
Thank you..

When installing a second hard drive I usually put the master at the end of the cable and the slave in the middle of the cable , make sure the jumpers are set properly and find a suitable place to mount the drive. Make shure when you boot up that the drive is recognized and proceed with a format if needed in dos.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online