1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Instal 2nd hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poliamba992, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. poliamba992

poliamba992 Thread Starter

My desctop is a T.P.G/. Celeron466,Ram256,H/Drive 4 GB,Psup 145wt.O.S. is Win.2000 Prof.
    I want to add a 2nd H/Drive,say 40 to 80 GB as slave to resident H/D ,but need to know more about ,possibilities,limitations,compatability,and any no-nos.
    I am new to this game and would really appreciate some advice.
    Thank you..

2. Derrick

Derrick

When installing a second hard drive I usually put the master at the end of the cable and the slave in the middle of the cable , make sure the jumpers are set properly and find a suitable place to mount the drive. Make shure when you boot up that the drive is recognized and proceed with a format if needed in dos.

3. poliamba992

poliamba992 Thread Starter

To Derrick,thank you for comments on 2Nd H/drive.much appreciated.Poliamba992

4. Derrick

Derrick

No Prob ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice