1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

instal problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lion, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lion

lion Thread Starter

Hello, I've got a big problem please help.

My computer wil not install windows XP. I've tried almost everything. My c drive is formatted and the instalation starts normally but stops whit different error messages. The one that keeps returning is:
    missing file WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG
    Could it be the CD or is there something wrong with my motherboard?

Please help

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Is this the first time that you have tried installing XP?

Software (OS especially) installation will show up faulty RAM everytime, even when in normal use it seems OK.

Is the CD clean?

3. lion

lion Thread Starter

A friend had just installed from the same CD and everything was OK with him.

4. lion

lion Thread Starter

The C-drive is new and this is the first time I am installing XP but the first time I tried it seemed to work. It worked for a day and than it sayd something about a fatal error and it shut itself down. After that this installing problem started.

thanks for being so quick

5. Derrick

Derrick

Probably a ram issue. If you have more than one stick of ram in it, remove one and try if that doesn't work try the other by itself . hope this helps :)

6. lion

lion Thread Starter

I'm very stupid so could you explain what you mean by stick of ram? Is that hardware?
    thanks

7. Derrick

Derrick

Yes it is hardware and if your not familiar with the inner workings you should take it to the local computer guy and have them test it for you.

8. lion

lion Thread Starter

I am familiar but I am not that good at enlish. I checked and there is only one stick. So I tried again and it stopt again in the middle of setup with the error:
    WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM

9. Derrick

Derrick

Maybe your friend has one that you can test with.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice