1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Instal Windows 7 over a corrupted Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rick57, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rick57

Rick57 Thread Starter

Hello, I am about the least computer literate person here and I need help.

My auto updates will not work anymore. I have a C+++ error or some type. I get "Code 80073712. I tried everything "Help" said to do with no luck. I downloaded "reg cure:, "file cure"...no luck. I have seareched for help for two weeks and tried everything.I downloded WUD with no luck.
    Now, My question is, can I install Windowsa 7 over a corrupted Vista?

2. antech

antech Banned

Yes,you can.
    Dont use regcure for god sake .
    It just makes the situation even worse
    Every Reg Cleaner tends to do so.

3. Rick57

Rick57 Thread Starter

I tried everything I could. reg cure was only $19 or so. Since it didn't help I dumped it along with File cure reg fix and a couple of others.
    I evern tried to go back to factory settings but it just sat there in the blue screen. I thought it would take a while so I went to get a hamburger and it was still in the blue screen. I can't even get it by that route. strange. I guess my next action if I can't load Windows over Vista is to get another computer.
    I tried to manually load updates but it said I need Service pack 1 but it will not install either. I get stopped ervery where I turn.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  5. Rick57

Rick57 Thread Starter

Thank you, I'll give them a try. My Wife says new computer but, ....I like this one

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How? Booting into the Recovery partition? Booting from your Recovery disks? Entering Recovery from Vista? If the latter, try one of the other ways.

7. antech

antech Banned

Can you note the blue screen error and post it over here?

8. Rick57

Rick57 Thread Starter

Nothing in the screen, just the cursor which moves . I let it set for over an hour then re-booted...back to the same old problem. I will add that I had a huge registry mess a couple of years ago and I had to put it back to factory settings. Is there a limited amount of times you can go that route?

9. antech

antech Banned

There is no limit for that,rick

10. Rick57

Rick57 Thread Starter

Thanks, now I have another problem. I got fed up and again tried to set it back to factory Setting and it just sat there in the blue screen. I can get another computer but I don't like to get defeated by something I can fix....hopefully
    Hey, if nothing else I'll dump most of it . my wife loves to play Spider Solitaire.....all of the time these days
    I appreciate all of tghe help.
    Rick

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice