Instalation.. HELP!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blueboy111

ok i installed Linux slax and i cant figured how to install any programs on it...
i have the files on the desktop but it wouldn't let me run them PLEASE HELP
Really appreciate it

Don't really understand your problem.

As Slax is a installable CD can you use the same desktop files when running the CD?

Under the normal circumstance everything you see in the desktop should work. Slax originated from Slackware but now has its own family of distros. It is supposed to be a good performer as it is lean and fit.

Yep, as early as I entered Linux 1.5 years ago. The first I got had no installer. The Czech distro is joined by Klax from Germany, Slampp of Nethderland and Whax from Israel.

It and Puppy have made tremendous progress, outshining Debian, Knoppix and Fedora in some areas because it can read and boot from high-number partitions and at the end of big disks, supporting Sata, run sound crads and Internet without any drama.

My SLAX "Popcorn" edition didn't have an installer.

Does KLAX (love KDE!) have an installer?

Does KLAX (love KDE!) have an installer?
Good point!

When I checked my installation note. There was one line entry as

"Followed Wolvix steps and installed Live CD in the hdd! (First time succeeded installing a Live CD without a guide)"

The above means I followed Wolvix web site the instruction for installing Wolvix and then applied it to Klax and got it off the ground first time.

I think Wolvix and Klax are the only Live CD I tried and succeeded. Slax is pretty friendly and I thought I would have a go at Klax. I don't normally force a Live CD into a hard disk but these two are the exceptions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online