Instaling windows 7 but it crashed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ljkkid

we have a old hp laptop 6735s it was running on windows xp and I found a windows 7 upgrade kit and put the first disk in "acer Upgrade DVD" yes it was a acer upgrade kit and it ran a program and finished then I put the other disk in "windows 7 DVD" and it said did I want to install I pressed that one then I pressed the system option not backup and it started. and copyed files over then went into the next step. I went away and came back and the windows 7 program had crashed and all had frozen I waited a while in the end I force shutdown my computer and then turned on it and the screen didn't do anything and the disk drive sounded like it was going back and forth on off kinda and nothing happened I tried pressing f10 to go to boot menu no response screen blank still and then sent this please help we might take it to a computer shop if we need to

SUEOHIO

SUE
It might be that the computer might not be able to be upgraded to windows 7. and i dont think using an acer upgrade kit in a hp computer is going to work either.i would check on the hp website for your model of computer and see if there is even windows 7 drivers listed for it. if not its going to be very hard to find the correct ones needed.if there are drivers listed than make sure you have enough ram to run windows 7. at the minimum you should have 2gbs at least to start with.another thought if you are able to put windows 7 in there you might have to check in the bios to set it for AHCI to install windows 7 correctly since if its running xp now it might be set for ATA, SATA, IDE, or compatability etc.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
we have a old hp laptop 6735s it was running on windows xp and I found a windows 7 upgrade kit and put the first disk in "acer Upgrade DVD" yes it was a acer upgrade kit
You appear to have a HP Compaq 6735s Notebook PC.

What's the serial number(S/N) and part/product number(P/N) on yours?

-----------------------------------------------------------

You cannot use an Acer Windows 7 upgrade kit to upgrade a HP computer from Windows XP to Windows 7.

You've made that laptop non-functional by using the Acer upgrade kit.

A computer shop will probably charge you more than what it's worth to get it going again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.