1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

install a new harddrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimmietjr, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimmietjr

jimmietjr Thread Starter

i`m install a new 120 gb harddrive in my computer it had a 3.2 gb harddrive but when i boot up it won`t find the driver. I have pionex computer system it have a 400 celeron processor i think i need to upgrade bios what do an one else think

2. xGunslinger

xGunslinger

From your post I really can't tell what your asking but do not flash your BIOS. Flashing your BIOS should be used only as a last alternative and when it goes wrong you will end up spending an unhappy day at the store.

3. ratchet

ratchet

Your new Hard Drive should have come with some kind of installation software. Insert the floppy disk or cd and reboot, you might also read the installation instructions.

4. replay

replay

if your puter has that small of a harddrive it probably will not accept a 120 http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=130405t dont bother with a bios flash...to risky, just buy one of these .. or hit me up..i have a new one that i used with an old pII system,worked fine when i put a large drive in

Promise Ultra100 TX2 ATA/100 Controller Card *** Free 2nd Day ***

5. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

When you installed the new drive, did you partition and format it before you tried to use it?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/299285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice