1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install CD errors for games after they're installed WTF?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Uth233, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Uth233

Uth233 Thread Starter

My bro bought bought 2 PC games Bejeweled2 & Bookworm he installed them & they played well for a day. Then he get's an error,something about installing the disk which he did. Then
    it just flashed up the same message no reinstall just the error. We uninstalled the game reinstalled with the same results.
    Now here's where it gets crazy on my PC & friends PC both games play well & continue to do so a month later. Yet when put on his PC back to the error messages.
    How I find out what is wrong here?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    if you have any emulators / virtual cd/dvd programs like Daemon, clsoe them down.

3. Uth233

Uth233 Thread Starter

OK,
    How would I find them?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Check My Computer. If you have more CD/DVD drives than you have in your computer, you have them.

5. Uth233

Uth233 Thread Starter

Did that no deamons . He has 34 games from GameHouse , Realarcade,& 2 emulators(super nintendo,atari). Other specs:
    sempro 3100 1.8G
    512MB ram
    80G HDD with 32.4G used
    He's been told that he needs to download directx9. That doesn't make sense to me seem to me It comes with the game doesn't it?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice