1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

install.charter.com problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pinkrockafella, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pinkrockafella

pinkrockafella Thread Starter

:mad: I am having a problem. When I try to get on Internet Explorer (my home page is google) i am automatically redirected to a site called install.charter.com/diskless/html/download.htm?x=22&y=23. It is trying to download something and it appears to be coming from the telecommunications company Charter. I looked at the certificate info and it is validated by Thawte Consulting. I called them and they said they cant do anything about it. I called Charter and they said b/c I am not a paying customer, they cannot troubleshoot the problem. It is getting on my nerves b/c everytime I get on the net, I am re-directed to that site. I have cleared all temp files and cache. I deleted all cookies. I reconfigured my computer with the original CD and re-installed IE. Is this a program that is on my computer?

2. pinkrockafella

pinkrockafella Thread Starter

Looks like I have a browser hijack issue, along the line of adware. I'll run my adawre/spyware/malware programs and see what happens.:confused:

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Yes i would .. have a look in tools internet options for any add ons that have been installed that might be related active x

4. tasss

tasss

are you trying to get online with a cable modem in a charter system? If so, that's a likely start page until your modem is provisioned.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!