1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install DVD X Copy Platinum

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by YumaMan, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YumaMan

YumaMan Thread Starter

I acquired a copy (DVD) of DVD X Copy Platinum AKA DVD X Rescue. (2003) and install went fine until it wouldn't recognize my WI-FI as my server. The phone numbers for their tech support are no longer valid. The company is 321 Studios. I'm using Windows XP. I want to backup VCR movies onto DVD discs. I believe this is permissable, as I will not sell them.:D

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    DVD X Copy got shut down for violating copyright rules more than a decade ago. You cannot activate the product over the internet as a result.

I'm not up to the laws in the USA so I'm not sure sure if it is legal or or not to backup VHS tapes, I don't think it would be if they had copy protection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice