Install HDD and SSD on MSI MAG Infinite 10

carlosrd88

Last year I bought a 3.5" HDD and a 2.5" SSD for my old computer, which died last week and I want to install them on my new PC, but I have some questions about it.

1) Just to confirm what cables I need and where to connect them:

I used these ports on the previous PC.

IMG_3743.png

I assume I can use any 2 of this 3 ports and the old cables.

IMG_3748.png IMG_3751.png

As for power, I have seen adapters to both of these. Can I use any of them to connect both drives? Is one option better than the other?

IMG_3744.png

2) I really don't know where to install the drives inside the case. Where and how should I fix them? According to MSI site, this computer has slots for both 3.5" and 2.5" drives, but I cannot find further details anywhere. The box included these 2 parts which seem to come handy to install the drives.

IMG_3746.jpeg IMG_3752.jpeg

Thank you a lot for the help.

managed

Allan
You can use any Sata port on the motherboard with the old data cables to the drives, you may have to enable the ports in the Bios though depending on which ones you use.

For power there could be connectors from the Power Supply like the top one in your 4th photo.
Other wise you will need adapters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online