1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

install internet conectio wizard

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by devil_online, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devil_online

devil_online Thread Starter

Hi, whe I installed the millenium the internet conection wizard doesn't get weel instaled. Now I can't open internet explorer anyboduy could help me? thanks

2. Miz

Miz

Not sure I understand the part about "the internet conection wizard doesn't get weel instaled" but for opening Internet Explorer:

Have you tried opening Internet Explorer from different shortcuts? There should be one in the Start Menu under Programs and there should be another in the first menu that pops up when you click on the Start button called "Windows Update."

You can also try using the search feature (Start>Find>Files and Folders) to look for "iexplore.exe" (without the quotes). If it's found, double click on it to open it from the search window. If it opens, go back to the file in the Search window, right click on it, go to Send To, then click on Desktop to create a working shortcut.

3. devil_online

the internet explorer a can open, but when I'mm trying to acess to the internet it ask me for wizar conection witch is corrupt...
    (hop my bad english can be clear)

4. Krall

Krall

Try re-installing Internet explorer. Do you have a CD with it on?

5. devil_online

i've try to do that but the problem is just the wizard...

6. Miz

Miz

If you go to Start button>Programs>Accessories>Communications, is the Internet Connection Wizard listed there? If so, will it open?

If it's not on the Start menu, if you open Internet Explorer, then go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab, then click on the Setup button (near the top right), will the Connection Wizard open?

If neither of those work, go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/ Remove Programs, find Microsoft Internet Explorer on the list. Click on it to select it and then click on the Add/Remove button. You should get an option to repair Internet Explorer. Choose that option, then step through the process and see if that restores the connection wizard.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice