1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install Internet Connection Sharing without Win 98 disk

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hottesttotty, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

Is it possible to install internet connection sharing without the windows 98 disk? When I check to install it, it asks for the disk, and I don't have one. Thinking that maybe the necessary files might already be somewhere on the hd, I searched for files with "ICS" and three come up under c:/windows/inf ....when I right click on these files there is an option to "install". The file names are ics.inf, icshare.inf, and icsharep.inf.

Hope this makes sense to someone! I have to switch the connection sharing to a different computer, as the one I'm currently using will no longer be available.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You need the disk, there are a number of files that it will load when you install ICS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice