1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install Ms Outlook 2003 over office 97

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JulieAsking, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JulieAsking

JulieAsking Thread Starter

Would there be any problem with installing MS OUtlook 2003 onto a PC running Office 97 without Outlook on already on it? OS is Windows XP Service Pack 1 I believe.

thanks

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Why don't you remove office 97 first?

Why don't you upgrade to sp2?

3. JulieAsking

Answering a question with a question is not exactly what I would call helpful.

Julie

4. MMJ

MMJ Guest

That is how I usually solve problems. Including at work and when my friends need help with their computer. :)

Not upgrading to SP2 leaves your computer much more open to attacks.

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

From your post, it looks like you don't want to remove Office97 because of all the rest of the software (Word, Excel etc.). Is that correct?

Generally you can add Outlook2003 just fine. I've also put on Outlook98 with the security updates for quite a few customers along the way. Unless you need Outlook2003 that might be another option.

6. JulieAsking

You are right about Office97 Bob and thank you for your advice. The owner of the PC wishes to keep Office97 - she is comfortable with it even though she has the option of Office2003. I used to use Office97 and I still think it's a good Office suite. It is not my decision whether they use SP2 but I agree with MMJ's point about this.

Thanks for your advice.

Julie

7. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Oh, ok, it is not your computer. That clears things up. :)

8. jsisti4308

jsisti4308

Just be careful if you expect Word 2003 functionality in Outlook. Outlook 2003 works best with Word 2003.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice