Install Office 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
However, your topic says 2003, which I think may be a problem for W98SE. From the Microsoft KB.

Office 2003 requires Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, or a later version of Microsoft Windows

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
JohnWill has a point? Are you trying to install Office 2000 or Office 2003?

Office 2000 will install in Windows 98SE, ME, and XP.

Office 2003 will install in Windows XP only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it possible to download microsoft office from anywhere ,i have miss placed my disk and i need to reinstall certain things

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
fly440 said:
is it possible to download microsoft office from anywhere ,i have miss placed my disk and i need to reinstall certain things
Not that I know of. Find a friend who has one or call Microsoft.

Finding a friend who has it is sometimes not the best way. Most of the time that is illegal as most licences are for single computer uses only. Even though the installation may go on the computer, that doesn't make it legal.

Bigsooner, I recommend you upgrade to Windows 2000 or above. Office 11.0 (2003) is just the tip of the iceberg and the OS requirements are becoming the de facto standard.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It is certainly not possible to download Office from any legal source.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
firefytr said:
Finding a friend who has it is sometimes not the best way. Most of the time that is illegal as most licences are for single computer uses only. Even though the installation may go on the computer, that doesn't make it legal..
What I meant to say was if he still has his CD Key, he could borrow someones cd but use his cd key.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online