Install OS in primary HD--KEEPS GOING TO SECONDARY

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LisaInAZ23

I have two HD on my computer. The secondary is only 1G and is used for backup. I reformatted the primary and tried to reinstall Windows ME and it automatically goes on the secondary. How do I get it to go onto the C Drive!?
It doesnt give me the option. :confused:

FDISK the first drive and make the partition active. Just formatting the drive should not make the installation process not recognize the drive. Are the drives also jumpered correctly as primary and secondary?

Did you just put the drives in or have they always been in the PC? Normally when you install a new drive you need to jumper them so the PC and the OS knows which drive is master or slave on any given cable. The OS will generally only install on the Primary Master that has an active partition.

Lisa you need to tell us the brand and model of your two HD's so someone can check on the proper jumper settings........

LisaInAZ23

they are jumpered correctly since they have already been installed and were working properly. its a home made computer and I dont know the model #s.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online