Install OSX 10.9.5 on ext. hard drive to run Finale 2008?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oregongal

I have a late 2013 MacBook Pro, currently running OS 10.9.5, with a 2 T external hard drive that I use for Time machine backups. I'm looking at upgrading to High Sierra, but want to continue using Finale 2008, for which 10.9.5 is the latest OS that will work. Can I install 10.9.5 and Finale 2008 on the external HD and use my laptop to run them? If so, what is the best way to do that? Can I migrate my current OS, or should I make a bootable clone? Or is there yet a better way?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online