1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install realtek hd audio driver failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ainouta, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ainouta

ainouta Thread Starter

Hi guys, im in a serious trouble here and i need help from you guys. My computer is working fine , but just recently , i've download the latest realtek driver,R228, from the realtek official website. During the installation , the program requires me to uninstall the current audio driver , which they did it automatically for me when i click the ok button. After they had uninstall my current driver , i reboot , following all the instructions given , and now im not able to install the realtek audio driver. I recieve "Install realtek hd audio driver failure error code : 0x00000057".

I did search for solutions for days, but all the solutions doesn't apply to me. I've tried the famous solution , which is to disable and uninstall the UAA driver, but the problem is, i don't even have the UAA driver in my device manager. Im using Window Vista business 32 bit. My motherboard is biostar g31-m7 te.

I've uninstall all the realtek drivers , and do a driver cleaning with a driver sweeper program. I've even disable the on-board audio in the bios setting.

Any idea how can i solve this problem? Really need help. Thanks alot in advance.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Have you tried System restore to a date and time before you installed the latest driver

3. ainouta

ainouta Thread Starter

Nope , i just got the latest driver from the realtek official website. And during the installation it requires me to uninstall the current driver. It automatically uninstall the driver for me.

As for system restore , my computer doesn't have any restore point , so a system restore is impossible for me. I also cannot rollback the audio driver , since the driver is uninstalled by the program , and not updating the driver in the device manager itself.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Why don't you have any Restore points ...did you turn the function off??

5. ainouta

ainouta Thread Starter

Ya , i turn off the creating of restore point , since im a person who handles and takes good care of my CPU , i don't really need any reformating or system restore. But recently , i just encountered this audio driver problem. I guess **** happens lol.

6. Megabite

Megabite

Be a good idea to turn System Restore back on......it would have probably got you out of this problem........

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/844967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice