install service pack w/o ac adaptor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jessieloo

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP. I have had to do several repair installations b/c I keep running into strange issues that I think are caused by skipping a windows xp service pack installation and then installing updates after it. Example issues are that I can no longer install new programs, the RPC service won't start, or the network adaptors won't work. I have been skipping a service pack installation b/c it tells me that it requires the computer to run on the AC Adaptor but my AC Adaptor no longer works - something is disconnected within the computer, I've had it re-soldered once but it broke again.

So, is there a way to install the service pack without an ac adaptor and could installing updates after skipping the service pack be causing these weird issues to develop?

DoubleHelix

Banned
If you don't have a power cord, downloading a service pack is really irrelevant. The computer won't be usable after the battery is dead.

jessieloo

The AC adaptor has been broken for about a year. I have an external battery charger so I can work for about 2-3 hours and then I have to take out the battery and plug it in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online