1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

install win 7 on msi h310 motherboard i5?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by david13500, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. david13500

david13500 Thread Starter

Hello everybody. I m french and in french forum i didn't resolve my problem. I want to install win 7 64 bit on my computer with msi h310 pro motherboard and i5 7500 . Thank you so much for an american help

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What's the problem? You don't have a legit Windows 7 to install? You have no idea how to install any Windows? ... ???

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Win 7 is not a supported operating system. The support page lists win10 64bit as the only supported operating system. Up to you IF you want to try however I would really, really just install win10.

I checked the specs on that board and you do have usb 2 ports so it may be possible to install win7 [boards with only usb3 need drivers slipstreamed into an install disk] The intel download center does have chipset drivers, the realtek page would have a sound driver and the intel center has a lan driver.

If you want to do a lot of searching for drivers, you may be able to make it work however [if it were me] I would just install 10 and be done.

4. david13500

Thanks for your answer. Hey i have win 10 in my computer but i want to install win 7 absolutely. Give me the complete step to do please and thank you agaun

5. david13500

TerryNet no just windows 7

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    See the sticky threads at the top of this Windows 7 forum.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I already gave it to you. You need to find the drivers and do the install. I have posted where you find the drivers. Again IMO this is a BAD idea; while it may work, it will never work well. Hardware and software are designed to work together. Software from one era does not work well with hardware from a different era.

The only other thing you will probably need to do is to turn OFF or disable secure boot in the bios. Read your motherboard manual to see where this option is located.

8. david13500

Hy crjdriver . I m go to intel center but there is not chipset driver. There is only graphic driver.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is there because I found it last night. You need to search for h310 chipset or inf driver.

One other item. Do not attempt to install win7 on a nvme type drive; not going to happen unless you have a very high level of skill. Use either a mech hd or a regular ssd.

10. david13500

Crjdriver. What mine nvme?

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

M.2 nvme drive.
    Just an observation however if you are asking questions like the above, you are going to have to do a LOT more reading and studying before attempting to install an unsupported operating system. Installing an operating system that is not supported requires a higher level of skill than simply booting from a win10 usb and letting setup do everything.

Attached Files:

david13500 likes this.
  12. david13500

Thank you for your help. I going to try all your solution and i return you my experience thanks a lot. And have a good day in America

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!