install windows 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

frankieee

hi im trying to install windows 2000,when i start up the computer from the start with the disk in the computer dos not boot it up.and i cant get into my windows so thats why i wont 2 install it. can any 1 plzzzzz help.

thanks.

crjdriver

I do not understand your post; there is no dos in win2k. You load win2k from the bootable cd; enter your bios and set the cd as the first boot device save settings and exit. Restart with the win2k cd in the drive and setup will load.

While it is “Possible” to load win2k from dos ie win9x boot disk; it is more involved and not really the correct way to go about this task.

crjdriver

It would help if you posted the steps you are going through to load win2k. After you load the os, load drivers / service pack in this order.

1 load os
2 Install chipset / mb drivers
3 Update to sp4
4 Update to DirectX9b
5 Install sound, nic, raid / sata drivers if necessary
6 Install video driver last

Now install apps and games

frankieee

but i dont have the bootable cd so.i only have 1 disk which is windows 2000. by any chance do you know where i can get a system disk for windows me

crjdriver

All win2k cds are bootable. What kind of disk is this; is it by chance a disk someone made for you?

frankieee

no i coyped it but it works on my other computer when im logged on it says install windows 2000 and some other stuff.do i have to press any key at the start to make it boot up.you see i have windows me at the min but it aint workiing it tells me to re install windows. so i am trying to put windows 2000 on, because i dont have a windos system disk for me.hope you understand that.

crjdriver

Ok if this is a copy I cannot help you install it. You will need to buy a copy of win2k or at least purchase the license then we can help you install it. If you purchase a lic, then it is possible to install from the disk you have.

frankieee

yeh it is license its in its box and every think but i only have 1 disk.so can you plz help me install it???

crjdriver

Yes, it is possible to install from dos, however I am going to ask a mod to review this thread if the mod says it is ok to tell you how to install then I will post instructions.

Frankieee
no i coyped it but it works on my other computer
It seems you have attempted to create a copy of a Win2K install disk by your above statement. We cannot help you with this matter since that is pirating software.

Sorry but we will have to close this thread.

Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online