install windows xp pro over xp home?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

number

I need to reinstall windows xp in my system over an existing and not working version. Can I install windows xp professional over windows xp home? Would it couse any problems?
thanks

number

Ok I've installed windows and it's fine. Just one problem: I have all my files but they are not under my account, it seems my account has been deleted... is it possible to create the account with all the settings I had before?
Like, in programs, now I have no programs, they are all under the folder of my old account, how can I restore it ?
thanks!!

The reinstall of Windows normally allows you to use the old Accounts.

The settings and applications are stored under C:\Documents and Settings

In the folders AllUsers and in the old Account names. You can copy and paste the old settings into the new Accounts.

Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online