Install wizard won't recognize removeable media

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thetaken

I just purchased a brand new dell dimensions computer with windows xp pre-installed and I am having trouble with the install wizard. It won't allow me to burn any cd's or recognize that I have removeable media, i.e. cd-rom drives. I've tried running my files and settings transfer wizard but cannot complete it b/c I can't burn a cd of the program for my old computer, it doesn't allow me that option. I also tried installing new hardware, a usb to serial cable. When asked to insert the hardware cd into the drive, nothing is being registered. Also, I ran into the same problem when trying to network my computers, it asks me to burn a cd to run on the old computer but won't allow me the option b/c it doesn't recognize my cd drive. I've used the cd drives not only to watch dvd's and listen to music, but burn cds as well, so I know that the drives work! Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online