1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install Xp error - BIOS cannot detect hadr drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shaz_smach, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaz_smach

shaz_smach Thread Starter

My laptop uses windows Xp. it's twinhead brand. As the windows was too slow and many errors, I decided to re instal the Windows. here the problem came.

I use win Xp installation cd to reinstall it. The installation failed as the set up said an error happened. then I reboot my computer and tried again. it failed again and then more problem come.

My bios cannot detect my hard drive. I use a hard drive and have two partition on it, C & D. I tried to use auto detect option in bios but it still cannot find it. i have no suspicious on cabels as it is a laptop and i do not make any amendment inside it. before i re instal my windows, all hardware work very well.

now i cannot instal new windows. i also tried to use Cd rescue from the manufacturer but they do not help as no hard disk was found. so what should i do?

2. shaz_smach

shaz_smach Thread Starter

As the laptop is very important to me, I tried to instal again. the installation proceed until I need to choose which drive I want to install windows folder. the set up recognizes my C and D partition although earlier boot cannot detect the hard disk.

during the formatting, suddenly the set up stop, saying that my C partition might be diconnected ,and anything else. so the set up still fail.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You need to consider that the hard drive may be failing or improperly connected (they usually plug in, it may be partially loose)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice