1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install XP on a Second Hard Drive w/ Vista on the First?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jyoshua, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyoshua

Jyoshua Thread Starter

Allright I don't know where this belongs... XP or Vista?
    XP Cause I am Installing XP but Vista Cause of Vista being a problem... Anyways what ever...

My mother bought a new computer for my birthday... I told her NO VISTA again, and again... Guess what... She bought Vista... Not the point though I have goten over that...

I don't want to say I hate Vista so much as I just like XP a lot better... XP is compatable with all my programs, and games... I don't think it doesn't run because of my comp. parts being incompatable because she bought it completly stock... I hope no one is stupid, or evil enough to do something like give me a piece of **** comp.

Anyways down to business... I want to install XP on my 2nd hard drive and replace the first with it but I can't take my computer apart to take out the first hard drive and replace it with the second... Can't take it apart as in some security ******** that would have me ripe apart my vidoe card, sound card, RAM, etc. to get to the hardrive...

So I would like to install XP on my Second Hard Drive and COmpletly shut down my first hArd dRive... Any way to do this or any other fixes?

Also I would like to just throw away the Vista Hard Drive due to the pure evil it carries rather than install XP over it... call it pre-dejavu... Incident when XP came out probably just bad luck... Not the point...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/729687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice