1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Install XP_ Hp Compaq elite 8300 SFF

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tfernandes, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfernandes

tfernandes Thread Starter

Feb 2, 2010
    HP Problem
    Dear All,
    i am trying to install win xp 32 bit over HP Compaq elite 8300 Small Form Factor.
    The Desktop came pre-installed with win 7.
    Now i am trying to install win xp. As i boot from cd and the setup begins - After about 3 minutes i get blue screen & i have to shutdown. The Setup doenst go ahead
    I tried to change the following
    Bios - Storage Options -
    1. sata emulation = IDE = Still same error
    2. Sata Emulation = AHCE = Still same error
    3. Sata Emulation = RAID = Still same error
    Someone kindly advise whether win xp can be installed on this machine or not?
    I need to prepare this machine & then create a ghost image to be rolled out on 40 such desktops.
    Really stuck at the moment as i am unable to install windows Xp on it.
    Kindly assist.
  2. ETech7

Aug 30, 2012
    You should be able to install if you have SATA drivers. You realize that in about a year you'll have to deploy at least Win7?

Jan 30, 2007
    I would first check and see if theres even xp drivers for that model of computer.If not its going to be a lesson in futility trying to even find them.When going from windows7 or even vista you have to go to the bios and set it for SATA,ATA,IDE, or compatability to boot and install windows xp properly.
  4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

May 12, 2002
    I've already checked the hardware components for that computer.

There should be Windows XP drivers for the primary devices - graphics, audio, and ethernet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067537