Installation Error 1935

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warthog1

Steve
I'm running XP Pro and I've attempted to install 2 different anti-spam packages over the last couple days (Ella and Spamfighter). On both occasions, installation starts, but when nearly complete, I get an "error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly. Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKey Token="6bd6b9abf34537 8f", version "4.20.9818.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="X86"
I've seen one forum entry which recommends deleting Mscoree.dll, but I'm hesitant to do this without at least a second opinion. ;)

Any thoughts out there?

The file mscoree.dll, contains program code used by the Microsoft .NET Framework when running programs ritten in the .NET programming language. If mscoree.dll is unavailable or stopped, and software installed on your computer that is written using .NET will no longer work
Basically you may not need it if you dont any aps that require .NET runtime.

However if you delete it and find you are having problems, you can redownload it form here:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mscoree

Warthog1

Steve
Thanks, Kid

You may have seen this coming: How can I tell if any of my Aps require .NET Runtime?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online