1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation error in Microsoft Security Essentials

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by eastindian, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eastindian

eastindian Thread Starter

When ever I tried to download Microsoft Security Essentials Iam unable to do so. I removed all the other antispyware and antivirus from the laptop. Still I could not install the Microsoft Security Essentials. My laptop is running on Windows XP. I have Microsoft Service Pack 2 and 3 updated in the system.The problem occurs while installation wizard encounters problem after completing the validation. And it stops the installation. Kindly solve this problem so that I can down easily.:(

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Did the installation process advise that Windows passed validation?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Go here and click the installer link in version 2.0.4 to download and save HiJackThis 2.0.4.

Close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install it. Allow it to install in its default location.

After it's installed, start it and then click "Do a system scan and save a log file".

When the scan is finished in less than 30 seconds, a log file will appear. Save the log file.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire log file here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

What's the error code that it displays?
    Should be an 8 digit number, something like 80070002

4. eastindian

eastindian Thread Starter

Hi, Yes,the windows confirmed the validation.I saved the error log file on the desk top as you instructed. But I do not know how to copy and paste it here. I am a beginner and have not much computer knowledge. Kindly advice

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

With the log file open in Notepad:
    Click on Format and make sure Word Wrap is unchecked
    Click Edit | Select All (or press CTRL+A)
    Click Edit | Copy (or press CTRL+C)
    Click in the Reply window here on the forum, press CTRL+V (or right click in the reply box, click Paste)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/938019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice