1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation fails with 5003 0x8004ace4 error

Discussion in 'Games' started by stepheny2k2, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stepheny2k2

stepheny2k2 Thread Starter

I have been trying to install Rise&Fall - Civilizations at War onto my PC and as soon as I click Install and the install bar registers one block of progress, it errors out with the following error

-5003: 0x8004ace4 occurred during setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. Details follow:

Error Code: -5003 : 0x8004ace4
    Error Information:
    >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (2989)
    PAPP:Rise and Fall
    PVENDOR:Midway Games (http://www.midway.com/rxpage/Game_Rise&Fall:CivilizationsatWar.html)
    PGUID:D078226E-83F2-45FD-9CDE-5DA66E5ADB51
    $11.0.0.28844
    @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180

Through my own google searches, I have tried a few solutions including updating the graphics drivers(which initially worked, but when i unistalled it fresh so my dad could do it(it was a present), the problem re-occurred)

Changing the InstallShield directory to installShieldOld
    Removing old registry entries for the game and the old nvidia graphics card entries(prior to reinstalling the new drivers)

I am now stuck, and would appreciate the communities help

Thanks

Stepheny2k2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice