Installation help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SOFwhitewolf

So i am buying a new comp and i have never installed sata , only ide, and my hard drive is sata.Is thier anything precise that needs to be done? or just plug and play and it will install itself? Also alot of people talk about flashing the bios on MB's is this neccesary or why is this done? I was thinking it had something to do with ram but im not sure. Thanks guys

It's essentially the same nowadays. SATA is native to nearly every new tech board, so you will have no problems.

In fact, NO MORE JUMPERS!!! YES!

the only thing that you need to make sure you have is the sata hook ups on you mobo. other than that just hook up and go.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online