1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation issues in Windows 10

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Auldlangsyne, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Auldlangsyne

Auldlangsyne Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    I am running an HP Pavillion model 27-a275na with Windows 10 64 bit. I have been having random installion and sometime uninstallion issues for some weeks including failed updates. Some have been unimportant so I let it slip but yesterday I had an update for Mailwasher Pro which I really like using. It uninstalled the old version then failed to install the new one. Mailwasher have been taking me through various steps to solve it to no avail. I even tried re-installing the old version but get the same error (attached). I have run the Windows troubleshooter online which found and fixed a registry error but that hasn't helped. Another programme which fails to update is Glary Utilities (attached mesage). In the meantime I have happily installed new updates to a couple of other software programmes such as VLC Player with no problem.
    Has anyone any suggestions that I may not have thought of yet?

Attached Files:

2. MMKnight

MMKnight

First Name:
    Mike
    Runtime errors are usually related to .Net Frameworks and or C++ and the fact that the runtime files are missing as they are needed with the app. This can happen by removing programs that remove the .net files (which shouldn't happen) or an app uses a framework that you don't have installed and may state you need .Net or C++ runtime files and then (usually via the app) install them for you. Some use version 2,3,3.5,4,4.5 and so on, so it's always a good idea to install them all, starting with the earliest and going through to the latest. You can get them all here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=.net framework&p=0&r=10&t=&s=Relevancy~Descending

Though if you have any missing and wish to check first, you can use this small app and it will also allow you to download all or .net versions missing or need reinstalling and more:

http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

If you still have issues or have any trouble installing any of the .Net Frameworks, use this tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available

Lastly, if this doesn't solve the problem, then you have some permission issues, so let us know and we can address those for you too.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  3. zebanovich

zebanovich

Since this is likey a cause of corrupt system I would recommend you to back up you data first and then run system restore in Windows 10, to the point where system was stable.

There are several options available to perform a restore:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Let me know if you need help choosing the option from the site above.
    But by sound of your problem I would choose:
    Your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app. Restore from a system restore point

4. Auldlangsyne

First Name:
    Ian
    Thank you both for taking the time to advise me. I tried a system restore back as far as I could and it failed so I kept going until it did work but sadly it didn't help the problem. As far as the NET framework, I took a look at the list and it's scarily long so I'm not sure where I should start or what I should actually install from the list. My other problem is that the HP Pavilion I have has a 125GB SSD which seems to be filling at an alarming rate so I don't want to be downloading anything I don't need.
    As of today, unistalling Glary fully and reinstalling worked just fine but sadly the same thing didn't help Mailwasher which still won't install. Since purchase the odd progamme has failed to install and yet other have. Until now none have been important to me to I've just ignored it.
    Im seriously thinking of just doing without Mailwasher and going on as normal until the next problem happens.

5. zebanovich

zebanovich

As shown in the screenshot you posted this isnt a problem of corrupt C runtime or NET framework but corrupt system.
    If system restore does not have a healthy point of restore then either reset Windows to factory settings or reinstall operating system.

Auldlangsyne likes this.
  6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Your system will NEVER run correctly whilst you use Glary Utilities OR any other similar software on Windows 10
    If you are prepared to uninstall that and anything else I find of a similar nature then I will work with you to correct the errors on your system and get Windows 10 running as it should.

If you wish my help we will proceed when you reply.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Auldlangsyne likes this.
  7. Auldlangsyne

First Name:
    Ian
    I appreciate both your comments and I agree that possibly something like Glary may have deleted something it shouldn't but it was installed as my 126GB SSD was filling so quickly with updates to Windows and HP installed bloatware I was concerned the system wouldn't be working soon and it certainly cleared a lot of Temporary files.

My feeling now is as Zebonavich said, perhaps as the computer is working along quite well apart from the issue with Mailwasher I will just keep going as I am. Everything important is backed up to external drives so all that is on the computer itself is programmes. If I continue to have annoying blocked installs then I will follow his advice and recover back to factory settings. The computer is 18 months old so updating again, so time-consuming will allow me to be more careful what I install and how I run it. I suppose I just hoped there might have been some easy fix I had missed but it's obvious there isn't.

Once again I am always grateful for people like you who give their time to advise the less pc educated such as me advice so please be assured I am thankful you took the time to respond.

8. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The choice is yours.
    There are far safer ways - provided by windows 10 of cleaning temp files etc than using that or any other third party software

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice