1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation not completed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tongan_stallion, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tongan_stallion

tongan_stallion Thread Starter

hey im having problems with installing windows xp SP3 i boot to cd do the whole installation thing for step 1 and then it restarts and then im waiting for the continuation of the installation but it doesnt happen it boots to cd again without me pushing anything

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. boo5790

boo5790 It's My Birthday!

3. tongan_stallion

thank you for the website much appreciated and im sorri but i forgot to mention i was installing windows xp SP3 on another computer ive tried repairing, from the console, ive tried changing the boot sequence and when i did both of them it still wouldnt give an option to press any key to boot to cd it just boots to cd by itself so yeah the harddrive on the other computer is a 40GB PATA drive.

please help agen??????????

4. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    So basically, where it would normally just go through through the first part of the install process, restart, then continue through the process, it's restarting the whole thing from the beginning?

I think what you might have to do is change the boot order in the BIOS back to your hard drive (it should say something like "Press <F2> to enter Setup" (or something similar) when you first turn on your computer). This should force it to let the hard drive take control of the installation process (which is about system configuration, anyway).

Let us know how this goes.

5. tongan_stallion

yes thats correct and thank you for your input but yeah ive tried that and still boots to cd and goes to windows installation any other suggestions?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice