1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation of Evernote on Windows 8 machine

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TheNYGuy, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNYGuy

TheNYGuy Thread Starter

Given how basic the Windows 8 application is, I saw myself forced to install the regular Windows Desktop one on my new Surface Pro Windows 8 machine. It worked fine. However, after having some other issues with the machine, which occurred after trying to change account privileges, I had to go back to a previous restore point (prior to the installation).

Now when I try to reinstall Evernote Desktop I get an error saying "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable." This happens even if I run it as an administrator.

The Metro application has been uninstalled.

I did contact Evernote support but they were unable to help. They asked me to restart Explorer, but the error occur even after restarting the whole machine. Also, they asked me if I am using Norton. I am not, only Windows Defender.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096318

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice