1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation of graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by supercgn, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. supercgn

supercgn Thread Starter

Hello I have been trying to install my gtx 1060 in my Acer aspire 710 I have already uprgraded the PSU and when I put in the GPU it says no signal on my monitor but when I plug it directly into the PC it gives me a signal so I'm really confused and I'm using Windows 10

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

I think the 1060 has a power socket near the top of the card, if yours does did you remember to plug the power lead into it ?
    Also make sure the card is pushed all the way down into the motherboard socket.
    Plus you may have to go into the bios and disable the motherboard's graphics before the card will work, that's usually automatic but if the above doesn't help please check it.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. supercgn

supercgn Thread Starter

The fans are running. And I did double cehch it. I'm wondering if I need to be in a different mode

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you look in the bios ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice