Installation of Windows XP Home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Timothia

I'm trying to install windows xp on my computer and went through the setup process on the blue screen and it comes up with the error
' Setup cannot set the required Windows XP
configuration information. This indicates an internal
Setup error.
Contact your system administrator.'

What do i do?!

Thanks for any assistance

Tim

Timothia

then next time i restart the computer i get the message:
'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrup:
\windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows swtup using the original setup CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.'

I don't know what to do!!!

Timothia

That site only provides a link to the windows help page which tells you how to repair the problem if you can actually get onto windows

Sounds to me like your cd is corrupted OR your hard drive is having some problems writing. Is this error happening after the files are transferred or during the transfer to the hd?

Timothia said:
After the files are transferred
how old is this cd? if you have a cdrom laying around try it out then if that doesnt work and the cd isnt old and crusty and have scratches and isnt Illegal copy its time for a new hd

Timothia

Everything is brand new and legal, it was all bought within the last couple of days

Timothia said:
Everything is brand new and legal, it was all bought within the last couple of days
thats odd then.

gimmie all the specs of the computer and cd and if its oem or not

Timothia

I've solved the problem now, not quite sure how i did. I wiped the drives and it seemed to work. Thanks for the help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online