installation problems plextor 2410TA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

renton72

My O/S is Windows XP
I have installed my new Plextor drive on the second IDE as master with no other devices as indicated in the installation instructions. The drive has power but when win xp boots i get the message 'BOOT DISK FALIURE PLEASE INSERT BOOT DISK AND PRESS ANY KEY', this is just after my memory check is complete and the computer is looking for IDE devices. If i disconnect the drive the computer boots into xp and everything is fine.
I have tried the jumper on both SLAVE and MASTER but get the same problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is there a CD on the tray? ALso check your BIOS for the boot order so it isn't trying to boot from the CD-ROM first. Did you use the cable that came with the drive or one that was already in the PC?

renton72

Originally posted by Rockn
Is there a CD on the tray? ALso check your BIOS for the boot order so it isn't trying to boot from the CD-ROM first. Did you use the cable that came with the drive or one that was already in the PC?
I hadnt thought thsty could be a cd in the tray, thanks for the idea ill look.

The BIOS is set up correctly first floppy, second HDD etc.

I used the cable that came with the drive.

Thanks for the reply

What computer? If it is a Compaq you probably have to use cable select.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online