1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installation Wizard Interrupted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nanatraci, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nanatraci

nanatraci Thread Starter

I am attempting to install Photo Explosion 3.0 and it continues to give me the error message of being interrupted. I have disabled all non-essential programs in Task Manager. I have also re-booted safe mode and made sure I had complete Administrator access. :confused: I am using Win XP Home sp2 (embedded) I think. I am just out of ideas. I am not sure where to go from here. I have 120G of space so that is not it. I did have to uninstall the previous version. I also patched the Windows Installer. I have stopped the Installer service and re-started it as well.So I am at the mercy of the computer Gods??? Anyone??:(

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi nanatraci

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Does the error message say what is causing the interruption?
    Have you disabled the Firewall and anti-virus programs?
    If you are using DSL, be sure to physically disconnect from the Internet first.

3. nanatraci

nanatraci Thread Starter

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. It does not say anything but the installation wizard has been interrupted, no changes were made to my system. I did go and disconnect from the internet and it had no effect on the error message. I have attempted installation more than 12 times now. Grrr.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Did you shut down the Firewall and anti-virus programs, as well?

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

http://www.novadevelopment.com/Support/Faq/prw.aspx

Do you use Zone Alarm?
    If so, one of the suggestions listed in the above link is to uninstall Zone Alarm before installing Photo Explosion 3.0.
    It states "Certain versions of Zone Alarm" but doesn't list those versions.

6. nanatraci

nanatraci Thread Starter

I do not use Zone alarm. I have shut every single NON essential program running. Still the same problem. I have disconnected as well.

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Did you look at the fourth error message and the solutions for that error, on the link I posted?

Have you upgraded any hardware on the system?

8. nanatraci

nanatraci Thread Starter

Yes I read it thoroughly and it did not help. I have not upgraded either. I sent the disc home with someone else and it worked for them.

9. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Did you try installing the InstallShield InstallScript engine?

Going back to your first post, why did you need to patch the Windows Installer?

10. nanatraci

nanatraci Thread Starter

I patched it because the tech support at the software site told me to use the patches they sent me. They told me they were MS Script Update and Installer Update.

11. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

I found this article that refers to the InstallScript MSI project-installation interrupted.
    Which doesn't help much since Windows Home Editon doesn't have the snap-in for Local Users and Groups. :(
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q111303

I have a suggestion, if you haven't already tried it.

Create a new User Account and place it in the Administrators group.
    Logout of the current User Account and Login to the new User Account to create the file structure for the new User Account.
    Restart the computer, login to the new User Account, attempt to install Photo Explosion 3.0 using the new User Account.

Let us know what happens.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/584949