Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Installed Avira Whilst McAfee Still Installed

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MM38 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I downloaded Avira onto my new laptop before realising that Mcafee was already on there. I have since read that I should have removed Mcafee first. I have done that now using the Windows uninstall option and also using the tool on the Mcafee website but wondered if there was anything else I needed to do, and also if I would have any problems because of this? It's a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.

Thanks.

M

#2 ·
You've already done everything you need to do to get rid of mcafee. Normally your supposed to uninstall mcafee & use the tool from mcafee's website before you install Avira or any other antivirus. I would make sure avira is running normally because uninstalling mcafee could have removed something that avira needs. If you start having problems with avira uninstall it then reinstall it.

#3 ·
Hi, thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the other thread - I'm completely new to forum posting! Re: the laptop crashing mid-Avira download I removed Avira from the laptop using the Windows Uninstall tool. I tried to reinstall Avira and the installation bar stopped again right at the end. The laptop didn't freeze this time and Avira launcher had popped up in my toolbar so I clicked on that. It gave me an option to restart (I think that's what it said or something similar) so I pressed that and my laptop started doing a bunch of updates. I had to go out at that point so couldn't keep an eye on what was going on but when I got home the laptop was back to the start screen and when I clicked Avira launcher it said Avira was installed and I am protected! Is there anyway to check Avira has downloaded properly??

Thanks

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.