1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed DirectX 9.0 and now cant boot Windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pdrguy, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdrguy

pdrguy Thread Starter

Earlier I installed DirectX 9.0 on my computer. Running WinXP on an AMD. About 612mb mem, 1 gig processor (something around there). After I had installed DIrectX it asked me to reboot to complete installation. No big deal. I reboot, and after the Windows load screen I get the blue screen that tells me there is a System Registry Error. It flashes up for literally 2 seconds so I'm having a hard time getting the error code. Okay the code is c0000218. It then says "Beginning dump of physical memory." in the next paragraph. Any help is much appreciated. If you guys need more info I will do my best to provide it.

Thanks!

edit - Oh yeah .. When I reboot it asks me to log into one of the 3 safe modes, previous known settings, or start windows normally. When I try to do any of the safe modes (safe mode, networking, command prompt) it starts listing off drivers or something, pauses for a few minutes, and then reboots the cpu. Ah!

2. pdrguy

pdrguy Thread Starter

I did some reading on the error I'm getting:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_repair_a_stop.htm

So I do as the directions say. I put in my Win XP cd, and after the BIOS it says 'click any key to boot from CD'. So I press a key. Then it says it is detecting my hardware configuration, and goes into the Windows Setup screen (which is blue, obviously). Then it freezes. Just sits there.

What can I do? Is there any way to save my computer?

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

The error itself is a file can't be found or is corrupt, but this is usually caused by a hardware problem, ranging from a bad HD, bad RAM, bad CPU cache etc. You can try doing a repair install of the OS, but it is very likely that this will happen again later.

Before doing a repair install I suggest testing your RAM with memtest86+ and the HD with the manufacturer's testing utility, both of which you will find on the UBCD.

http://ultimatebootcd.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice