1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed Maxthon 5 browser now audio problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dragster1981, Sep 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. dragster1981

dragster1981 Thread Starter

I stopped wasting time trying to be able to start browsing windows xp and finally installed a maxthon browser and I want to give thanks for having been told to install a still supported browser for xp, but the audio is defective when I listen to internet music and watch youtube videos and often the webpage I am watching goes away and I have to lose some time getting it back.
    So now I want to ask what can I do for correcting the audio and the browsing performance of the maxton MX(FIVE)?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. dragster1981

I do not have a beta version maxthon browser. in my presario laptop, but the exact version v5.2.7.5000
    I installed the addon/extension youtube (video, music, film...) in my presario laptop with the mx5 browser but the youtube music audio did not get better. The mx5 browser works perfectly on my HP pavillion laptop and the itunes music plays perfectly from the desktop in my presario laptop when not on mx5.
    I uninstalled the popular youtube addon/extension using system restore and I can install back this extension also using system restore. I appreciate any information on how to correct the mx5 audio in my presario.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Is this running XP? If so, I have other questions.

1. How much RAM in the HP? How much RAM in the Presario?

2. How much free space in the HP? How much in the Presario?

3. What audio driver is in the HP? What audio driver is in the Presario?

5. dragster1981

Thanks for replying
    My HP pavillion laptop has windows 10, four GB of RAM, 39o GB of free space and the audio driver is AMD high definition audio device version 10.0.0.0
    And my presario laptop hass windows XP, 512 MB of RAM, 47.9 GB of free space and the audio driver is sound max integrated digital audio version 5.12.1.4010
    I hope my answers are not imprecise. If so, I am willing to keep coperating. and thanks for your time.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    okay, we can't compare a browser running in Windows 10 with one in Windows XP. Even though it says it is for XP, obviously, it is not working properly for you in XP. I think the weak spot is your lack of RAM. 512MB is not much. I think things quit because there just isn't enough RAM. My XP computer has 4GB of RAM. I suspect 2GB might make things work but RAM for an XP computer would probably cost more than the laptop is worth.

I see Maxthon v 5 is based on Chromium. If it is anything like chrome, it is a RAM hog. Perhaps that adds to your problem of so little RAM.

I just installed a browser in XP called MyPal. It is based on Palemoon which is a branch of Firefox that doesn't use the new addon but rather the legacy extension system.
    Unfortunately, I forgot to try a YouTube video to see how it would work.
    If you are at all familiar with Firefox pre version 52, you could try MyPal. If you aren't familiar with Firefox, forget trying to learn another browser.

I also tried Seamonkey which supports XP. Don't bother. The browser froze when I tried to search through the privacy and security addons. I ended up having to kill the process by launching Task Manager.

7. dragster1981

I saw in amazon RAM, 2GB 2X1GB for $15. Would it work for my presario r3000 laptop with windows xp having only 512 MB. The advertized RAM is 2x1GB ...2700..
    I can give more details latter.Right now an ilness of hearing voices do not let me get more information

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Compaq Presario R3000 series laptops support a maximum of 2 GB(1 GB X 2) of RAM.
    They use 200-pin DDR PC2700(DDR333) 2.5/2.6 volt, unbuffered, non-ECC modules.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Truthfully, I wouldn't advise browsing on an XP computer. 5 years almost without patches and more and more security programs are not designed to work in XP.
    You have a Win 10 laptop. Use that to browse safely.

10. dragster1981

It seems I can more or less watch youtube videos with the browser MX5 installed on my presario r3000 originally with windows xp.
    I always have a message below the bookmarks bar saying that I have not installed the Flash plug-in and the option to install it is at the right. I never play games, and so my question is if I need the Flash plug-in.
    As always, I appreciate an answer.

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Flash is being depreciated. Adobe is pulling it by the end of 2020. It won't be patched so it will be a security risk.
    I removed flash from all my Windows 7 computers in September.

So, to answer the question: do you need the flash plug-in? NO!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice