Solved Installed more RAM on PC and it booted up in Safe Mode

Sammyb318

Hi everyone, thank you in advance for the help.

I just I nstalled more RAM on PC and it booted up in Safe Mode, stating that it did so because of system instability.

Compenents:
—Motherboard-ROG strix z390-f Gaming
—Original ram installed-gskill ripjaws V (2x8gb 3200mhz)
—New ram ADDED-gskill trident z (2x16gb 3200mhz)
—Windows 10 Home

I do heavy video edits for work so I needed much more ram than my original 16gb. Not sure why my installation is not working, I built this PC myself...

Anything helps,

Attachments

crjdriver

When I check the support page for that board, there are at least four bios updates that address memory compatibility. Are you running the latest bios?

Sammyb318

When I check the support page for that board, there are at least four bios updates that address memory compatibility. Are you running the latest bios?
Thanks for the quick reply! I am running bios 2.20.1271

I am not sure if that is the latest. When I boot up, it was attempting 3 times before loading into safe mode. I went back into bios and changed the DRAM frequency from 3200mhz to AUTO and it seemed to fix my issue I think.

crjdriver

Asus boards do that; load defaults when it fails to boot. That is normal. So is it working correctly now?

crjdriver

You can mark your own thread as solved using the button at the upper left of the page. No need for this one; I will mark it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online