Installed new boot SSD but occasional problems with internet connectivity on boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flaps

I recently installed a new SSD and put my OS on it but every now and then when I boot up it just wont get an internet connection. Once its booted up and I restart Windows though its fine. It doesn't happen everytime but 50% or so I'd say on boot up. I'm thinking its something to do with how fast its booting up now and for some reason my network settings or drivers have not had a chance to load or something and its not getting a handshake with my router. I would appreciate any ideas you awesome guys may have on it. Im running Win7 64bit.

TerryNet

Terry
... put my OS on it ...
I don't understand that technical term "put." :) If that means install or "Recover to factory defaults" have you made sure you have the latest correct chipset and networking drivers?

Is this problem with ethernet or wireless or both? What is the brand and model of the network adapter(s)?

Flaps

Sorry i should said installed. Im in work so dont have the exact model to hand but my motherboard is an intel x58 chipset and i am using the latest drivers for it. My router is a Thomson. Like i was saying it works 50% of time when the pc is booted up from cold and always works when i restart my pc. Its wired to my router and wifi always works regardless if my wired connection doesn't. I swapped out the ethernet cable too to no avail.

TerryNet

Terry
Like i was saying it works 50% of time when the pc is booted up from cold and always works when i restart my pc.
I did note that in your first post, but was looking for a possibly easy fix with the potential driver update. Agree that you were wise to not overlook the cable. Those symptoms imply, but do not prove, some heat related problem--something in the motherboard or ethernet adapter not working right when the unit is cold.

When you've booted and had no connection have you tried repairing the connection or disable/enable it before rebooting?

Flaps

No, i've not tried repairing the connection when the PC has booted. I'll try that when i get home from work and if that fails i'll try the disable/enable to see if that fixes it. I'll post a reply back here when i've tried that. Thanks for your replies btw.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online