Installed new graphics card and power supply and now monitor is not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SevenDeadlySins

Help!! I Installed a new graphics card and power supply to my pc and now monitor, mouse and keyboard is not working.

I have tried putting the old ones back in and i am getting the same issue. no monitor means i cant even enter bios. It powers up as normal with all the fans spinning so I am not sure what the issue is. I am thinking maybe I have damaged my motherboard!

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV
graphics card = GTX650
power supply = 650W

any solutions anyone? :confused:

make sure all connections inside are snug.....take out memory and reseat

well........... would help if u posted all your spec's
also why u upgraded the psu and vid' card
was there issue's before ............ the whole story!!!

SevenDeadlySins

thank you for responding and no there was no issues with the pc before i upgraded. I upgraded the graphics card because the im into gaming and the one that was originally in there wasnt very good. the power supply was upgraded because it didnt come with the connection that plugs into the new graphics card and was only 300Ws. I will post the full spec shortly. I am not a computer genius so any help or advise would be appreciated :)

did u plug in the 4 pin power plug top left of the motherboard?
what brand/model new power supply?

SevenDeadlySins

Hello Replay, I have connected the 4 pin plug to the motherboard and I tried booting it up again today without the graphics card connected and using delete to get into Bios. It came on for about 3 seconds but then cut out again also the power supply stopped and started but then didnt go back off. I'm beginning to think the power supply is faulty. The model is a Tesla ATX Switching PSU 650W.

SevenDeadlySins

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.
I'm I meant to download this from the computer that I am having the problem with as I am on my laptop because I can not get into that computer :rolleyes:

don't know to much about a tesla power supply.......... but i would return it and get a known good brand 600w+ incl' corsair, antec, thermaltake

check to see the cpu heatsink/fan is tight, ............a overheating cpu can cause your syptoms

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online