1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed new graphics card and power supply and now monitor is not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SevenDeadlySins, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SevenDeadlySins

SevenDeadlySins Thread Starter

Help!! I Installed a new graphics card and power supply to my pc and now monitor, mouse and keyboard is not working.

I have tried putting the old ones back in and i am getting the same issue. no monitor means i cant even enter bios. It powers up as normal with all the fans spinning so I am not sure what the issue is. I am thinking maybe I have damaged my motherboard!

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV
    graphics card = GTX650
    power supply = 650W

any solutions anyone? :confused:

2. replay

replay

make sure all connections inside are snug.....take out memory and reseat

3. SevenDeadlySins

I've done that with no joy. Would anything else cause the monitor mouse and keyboard to not work?

4. replay

replay

well........... would help if u posted all your spec's
    also why u upgraded the psu and vid' card
    was there issue's before ............ the whole story!!!

5. SevenDeadlySins

thank you for responding and no there was no issues with the pc before i upgraded. I upgraded the graphics card because the im into gaming and the one that was originally in there wasnt very good. the power supply was upgraded because it didnt come with the connection that plugs into the new graphics card and was only 300Ws. I will post the full spec shortly. I am not a computer genius so any help or advise would be appreciated :)

6. SevenDeadlySins

I will redo it again and report back shortly :)

7. SevenDeadlySins

The computer is a Zoostorm i5-2310 Quad Core 4GB, 1TB PC

8. replay

replay

did u plug in the 4 pin power plug top left of the motherboard?
    what brand/model new power supply?

9. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

10. SevenDeadlySins

Hello Replay, I have connected the 4 pin plug to the motherboard and I tried booting it up again today without the graphics card connected and using delete to get into Bios. It came on for about 3 seconds but then cut out again also the power supply stopped and started but then didnt go back off. I'm beginning to think the power supply is faulty. The model is a Tesla ATX Switching PSU 650W.

11. SevenDeadlySins

I'm I meant to download this from the computer that I am having the problem with as I am on my laptop because I can not get into that computer :rolleyes:

12. replay

replay

don't know to much about a tesla power supply.......... but i would return it and get a known good brand 600w+ incl' corsair, antec, thermaltake

check to see the cpu heatsink/fan is tight, ............a overheating cpu can cause your syptoms

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1107041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice