1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed new mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xabbu, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xabbu

Xabbu Thread Starter

First off, thanks to anyone who offers any help.

Ok I built a computer using a Abit VT7 motherboard. Now I'm not sure if your aware of it or not, but a ton of people have had issues with these mobo's. They are horrible, and have alot of compatibility issues.

So I decided to buy a new mobo.

I just bought a MSI 865PE Neo2. Supposedly these are supposed to be very nice boards that are very stable.

Ok so I install it and turn it on. It gets as far as the Loading Windows XP screen, but before the lil green bar starts going back and forth BAM blue screen of death reading:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7C4563c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Here is the tech specs of my comp:

Windows XP Professional
    3.0ghz Pentium 4 Prescott w/ 1mb l2 cache
    1 Gig DDR 3200 Corsair Ram (512x2)
    80 gig HD 7200 RPM 8mb cache
    52xCD/16xDVD Drive
    Radeon 9800 256 MB Pro

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Xabbu

2. tdi_veedub

tdi_veedub

I take it you installed windows with the abit board installed.

If so that is your problem. XP is loading the wrong drivers. It is loading the abit drivers on the MSI board causing the crash.

reinstalling windows should work.

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

Agreed. You cannot change Motherboards with XP. Unless they are very close to being the same chipsets on both.

4. SacsTC

SacsTC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice