1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed new motherboard K7s5a pro. Can't get nvidia pci to work.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tydogg, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tydogg

tydogg Thread Starter

I bought a new k7s5a pro motherboard with duron 700mhz proc.
    I seem to be having a problem getting my nvidia drivers installed for my video card. The motherboard does not have on board video, so this is not an issue. When the computer would boot it would find a video controller(vga) under other devices. (I had to reinstall the operating system since i changed the mb and proc win 2000 advanced server). So when i load the drivers, even brand new ones 45.23, the windows screen tries to load and then everthing just goes blurry and haywire. I know the card is good because i was just using it before i had to reinstall everthing. I've had a similar problem like this before on another board, but it had on board video. I just had to make sure the on board video was disabled before it would finish loading the drivers. In BIOS i have the agp 4x disabled since i am using a Gforce 4 440 mx pci card. I have Primary Graphics adapter- PCI, Plug and play aware o/s- yes, allocate irq to pci vga- yes pci/ide bus master- enabled and i did not load drivers for agp off the motherboard disc since i am not using an agp card. What am i doing wrong? I've installed plenty of op sys before. Never had this problem. Does my BIOS need a new update? if so, why? It is dated Jan 2003 i think that would be ok.

2. tydogg

tydogg Thread Starter

I got it figured out. Don't use pci slot 1. IRQ conflict with usb. I overlooked this in the manual. Thanks. Everyone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice