Installed new RAM now PC is VERY slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Urir1

Hi All

I had my 2gb Crucial Ballistix RAM stop working so i went out and bought 4GB G.Skill RAM (2X2GB) but as soon as i installed it my pc started working VERY slow, like it takes it 5 minutes to start windows and anything after that is very slow.

I have an Asus P5B MB with a Core 2 Duo Intel cpu,
4GB G.skill DDR2 Ram
Win 7 32Bit Ultmt

I reset the bios to default just in case i had some over clocking from last time but it didnt help, Any ideas?

Do you know what voltage the RAM needs to be running at to work correctly. This should be somewhere on the website that you bought it or on the packaging. A lot of high performance DDR2 RAM requires a higher voltage to work properly and this may be what is causing your problem.

Jack-O-Bytes

Hey there, That RAM requires 1.8-1.9v to run correctly. It might be worth having a look in your BIOS and seeing what voltage the RAM is set at now and then correcting it if nesacarry.

Jack-O-Bytes

Urir1

Thanks for the reply jack-o-bytes. I enabled remapping and it seems to work fine now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online