1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed new ram then explorer.exe application error on startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Radicalwaves, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Radicalwaves

Radicalwaves Thread Starter

I just installed this 1gig Kingston HyperX ram KHX3200 into my custom computer running windows XP SP2 with all the updates. I pulled out my existing 512 to make sure both memory chips were the same and they would go in the right slots. Existing slot was dusty, so i cleaned it with a clean cloth. Installed existing ram and new ram in correct places, then booted up only to receive the following error:

Explorer.exe - Application Error
    Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate application.

Then all I can do is look at my desktop background and use the task manager.

The BIOS recognizes the amount of ram i have installed (even when i swap one out) but windows does not start properly. I have never had any virus problems on this comp.

Is there something I can do without reinstalling windows XP or repairing it? The only solutions I've found online for these application errors involve destructive solutions, which I'm not ready to undergo.

Please help.

2. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Welcome to TSG RadioWaves.

Where you buy that RAM from?

3. Radicalwaves

I bought the ram from newegg. I could exchange the ram, but it tests fine in my BIOS regardless of the memory configuration.

A few days before this problem occurred, I reactivated my windows, as per the prompt and countdown on my desktop, since I installed a video card and windows (apparently)thought i was trying to use a pirated copy of the OS.

Is there a chance that the reactivation didn't work?

What should I do if this is the case?

4. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    ACA529... U're needed in here.. He's know well about newegg :D

5. ACA529

ACA529

Very strange, as explorer.exe has nothing to do with ram. You'll need to have some more advanced people take a look at this thread... can you boot into safemode? (assuming you know how to)

6. Radicalwaves

Booting into safe mode did nothing, i already tried it before posting on this thread.

Decided to wipe my harddrive since i found out my housemate's boyfriend had a spare hdd i could use to save some of my files. I reinstalled windows only to find that my soundchip driver wasn't on any of the cds i had. i downloaded the drivers, but i keep getting this error that says i need the HDA audio bus driver first.

In my experience so far, I can't download the HDA file from Microsoft, ASUS, SoundMax, HP, or any other website. People have suggested to other users with this problem to download 888111.exe, and i did that, ran it, but still i get the HDA error.

This once perfect computer may be cursed and doomed.

7. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Use the manfancter's website.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice