1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed Norton Internet Security 2004 upgrade & now can't receive email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sue C, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue C

Sue C Thread Starter

I just purchased on Symntec's website: Norton Internet Security 2004 Upgrade. I installed it per directions and it said it was installed properly. I'm using MS Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123 and Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 on an IBM computer, Windows 98. (I already had Norton Anti-Virus 2001 on my computer but did not uninstall it before downloading my new product, as I didn't think I had to.)

Since installing the Security 2004 Upgrade and restarting my computer, I cannot receive any email. I get an error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop-server.wi.rr.com', Server: 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks much!
    Sue

2. Sue C

Sue C Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that my computer has slowed way down since the installation, also!

Sue

3. Sue C

Sue C Thread Starter

I uninstalled the upgrade and am thinking about trying to get my money back.

I also emailed Symantec and got a response that I should hear from them via email in 24-48 hours. To call, it's $29.95 per problem. Can you believe that???

Sue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!